Operation: Sigma
Please Log-In Or Sign up
Please Log-In Or Sign up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead=

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Operation: Sigma... Please enjoy your stay...
Welcome to Operation: Sigma... Please enjoy your stay...
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Oi is this clan alive
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeby ryanequalbeast Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:45 pm

» MLG Tournaments AHOY!
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeby Exqseme Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm

» Recruitment
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeby Exqseme Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:57 pm

» Finally making a Comeback!
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeby Shahizzima Thu May 27, 2010 4:10 pm

» CLAN RELAUNCH
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeby Exqseme Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

» MJ's Departure
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeby Exqseme Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Gallery
Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 Empty
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Exqseme
Operation: Sigma Founder
Operation: Sigma Founder
Exqseme

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 Empty
PostSubject: Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2   Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:47 am

Gaining the Advantage
If you know an opponent is close, consider nearby positions. Anywhere and any place that will make it harder for your opponent to kill you - higher ground is a good place to start. If you are in a team game, try to help, if not lure, opponents toward other team mates or players to increase your chances of survival.

In some cases, using your opponent's field of vision will help you "sneak" in a significant number of shots before he returns fire. Aim to keep yourself further than 75 degrees from your target's center of vision and you're likely to gain the first shot advantage.

In a one on one situation, using cover to reduce the number of shots you receive will help you get the kill. Sometimes, it takes tricky footwork or even unpredictable or non-linear escape routes to gain the advantage.

From the testimony of xVxV3ndetta:
"Sometimes, it means having to put yourself in predictable places to turn the situation around with an unexpected move. During one game, I was chased around by a carbine... and I had no shields!! I didn't return fire. Instead, I turned and ran and sure enough he followed me. And what followed him was some of the most hilarious taunts I've ever heard. What made it particularly funny was how I turned the situation around to my advantage. I ducked in cover behind something small enough to cover some of my head, my chest, and some of my legs. Overconfident, the predator came in firing away like I was supposed to die right away. I knew that if I put myself here, I had several advantages:
I had enough cover to keep me alive long enough
I was in slightly higher ground because I was hiding in a slope
His overconfidence put him in the open
I had a Spiker and an SMG in my hand, which is good considering how close he was to me
To his surprise, I jumped almost right over him and he fired away hoping to kill me in time. But my angle was too great and his sensitivity was too slow to follow my movement. And I looked down and fired away, killing him as soon as I landed on the ground. I was supposed to be dead, but he died instead. If I could re-view that save replay, I surely would've."
Advantage is essentially in terms of striking power. Whoever has the best and the most will win unless they lose the initiative. Often you have to analyze where you or they are combined with what weapons are in play. Some weapons are more powerful on different terrain than others. For instance if you have a sniper rifle and you can take a position on a hill or go through an alley, what are you going to do? Go sit on the hill, of course. This is because the more of your surroundings you can see the more effective the sniper rifle becomes. Now if you have a shotgun on that same hill your striking power is much less. Use the weapon the way it was designed to be used. And most of all don't, just don't, charge a guy on a hill with a shotgun.---Dieelmo(that's my screen name
Back to top Go down

Advanced positioning and tactics pt.2
Page 1 of 1